Awesome vintage photograph of the EK Woods Logging Mill at Skyline Marina from Nov 1923. The mill was built in 1909 and was located at the present Skyline Marina. It cut large beams and was the largest mill on Fidalgo Island. The 600 foot long planing and drying shed still stands today and is used for boat storage. In 1952 the workers tried to unionize and went on strike that year. EK Woods closed the mill and moved the operation to their Bellingham site. It was removed in 1960 and the small docks were installed in the inner harbor. The actual mill was situated about where the restaurant and offices were later built.
The Anacortes Museum website has additional information here.

Categories: Uncategorized